Monday, October 29, 2012

tiny turquoise details...

 I really loved this outfit. I found this cute top at Target and I'm delighted at how the pattern pairs up with other things (like turquoise and fringe!) It was an impulse buy, as I usually don't buy tops at big box stores.
But, my favorite part of this outfit was really the jewelry.

 I think hands are so delicate and elegant that they cry out for decoration and attention. Bangles jingling musically on a woman's wrist, fingers adorned with small art pieces. I love it. All of this jewelry has a story as well - the spoon ring on my thumb my mother originally got in the 70's. It's by Avon, and one night after a show, I was being introduced to a girl everyone in my group knew but me. After hanging out for a few hours, I realized that she was wearing the exact same ring, which turned out to have been her mother's, as well! We've kept in touch ever since that ;)

The turquoise bracelet was also my mother's, and the turquoise ring someone left behind at my work. Someone must have taken it off to try out a lotion sampler and forgot about it. I found it, and no one ever came in looking for it or called about it, so I've kept it.
 I like to think it's a little gift from a loving universe, but hope the owner doesn't miss it too much :(



No comments:

Post a Comment