Friday, November 2, 2012

phew...finished!


 I had the blessing of working with a client who wanted to create something really special for his girlfriend's birthday, and here is the result! I am in love with it... the bear and stealie are hand painted and then appliqued on, and the patchwork is made from all sorts of bits of new & upcycled fabrics in a variety of textures (some of even shiny ;) I then paint the flower of life by hand directly onto the hoodie.


I just love doing this so much, it almost shocks me. Very few things in life have made me feel as good as this project did. Clothing is special to me, I consider it art that you get to live your life inside of. So I'm flattered and honored when someone wants me to create something to commemorate an event. I just hope this piece and it's owner have many long adventures together.






No comments:

Post a Comment